The Central Valley JATC will be accepting applications on the first Thursday of each month, in person only, between the hours of 8 am thru 11 am, starting March 7, 2024.
Please be sure that you have all the minimum requirements when you arrive, to receive an application!
The Electrical Apprenticeship is a five (5) year program, which includes paid on-the-job training and mandatory school attendance.
The apprentice shall be under constant supervision of a Journeyman Electrician at all times. The Electrical Trade requires physical effort on the part of the apprentice to do work in cramped quarters, to do climbing, crawling, crouching and heavy lifting. Because wiring is frequently keyed in color for connection purposes, the worker cannot be color blind. Mechanical ability and finger dexterity are essential. Depending on the job, the work may be performed indoors or outdoors and the major portion of duties are indoors or in semi-sheltered or unfinished buildings.
- Must present a high school diploma, (or G.E.D. with minimum score requirement. For more information please call, (209) 579-5417).
- Must be 18 years of age or older at the time of application. PROOF OF AGE REQUIRED
- Must present OFFICIAL high school transcripts or original report cards showing proof of a passing grade (“C” or better) in two (2) semesters of High School Algebra, OR, one (1) semester of College Algebra, OR, provide evidence of having successfully completed the NJATC On-Line Math Course at the time of filing for application.
- Applicants must possess a valid ID at time of applying. Upon hire, will be required to possess a valid driver’s license with unlimited use of personal vehicle. A printout of your DMV driving record will also be required at time of application and at time of hire.
- Individuals who can verify (by providing indisputable documenting evidence) that they have worked a minimum of four thousand (4000) hours specifically in the electrical construction trade, meets math & vision requirements will qualify for an oral interview.
- Submit a DD-214 to verify military training and/or experience if you are a veteran and wish to receive consideration for such training/experience.
- Must be willing and able to attend ALL required classes of related instruction.
- Must be physically able to perform all work of the occupation of Construction Electrician.
- Must present proof of normal color vision (Ishihara type) at the time of application.
- Must be willing and able to work for approved employers in Stanislaus, Tuolumne, Merced and Mariposa counties, as required by the Joint Apprenticeship Committee.
Applications must be submitted in person.
APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE EMPLOYMENT
ARE YOU A MILITARY VETERAN?
The Veteran’s Electrical Entry Program (VEEP) is designed to provide transitioning service members and recently separated veterans the ability to reenter the civilian workforce. VEEP helps provide high quality electricians to an industry facing a major shortage of skilled labor. For more information, please visit: https://in2veep.com/